1. Greenery. Let's start with the obvious and quickly mention Pantone's new Color of the Year- we're saying farewell to Rose Quartz and Serenity and welcoming in Greenery, "a refreshing and revitalising shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings". Amen to that.... But we think it's also safe to say that we won't be going crazy with this yellow-green shade. We do, however, think it can be cleverly worked in; see below for evidence!
HOORAY for another excuse to use more plants.... and limey hues aside, we think that green, in general, is going to be big this year.
2. Jewel tones. Greenery won't be the only show-stealer in 2017. Jewel tones are IN, we're talking deep, rich, saturated colors from amethyst purple to sapphire blue.
3. Art Deco. We couldn't be in a more perfect place for this one; we're lucky enough to have some of the most beautiful art deco architecture right on our doorstep, here in Miami! Elements we're thinking might make a come-back include soft shapes, rich velvet, reflective surfaces, fringe and tassels and, contrary to what some people are saying, we think marbles and metals are here to stay.... for the time being anyway!
4. Texture. We're reluctant to call this a trend BUT we're going to be seeing more and more of it, in every form, this year. We're talking fabrics, wall papers, light fixtures, furniture, EVERYTHING. We're personally big fans of natural texture!
5. Black steel frame doors and windows. We're predicting more of this (and we really hope we're right!):
6. Matte details. If you're not a fan of the new opulence trends maybe this one's for you. Matte finishes can add sophistication and help highlight the form of an object, with no distractions from shiny reflective surfaces and we think they're sticking around for 2017!
7. Monochrome kitchens. Monochromatic color-blocking = timeless style. Feast your eyes on these: