Before you go rushing out to replace your coffee table with an ottoman, here are some helpful tips to bear in mind:
- Make sure the dimensions of the ottoman work with the dimensions of your sofa, you don't want to be relaxing on your sofa with your legs elevated above your head (ok, slight exaggeration but you know what we mean).
- If you have kids and/or pets consider leather rather than fabric upholstery- this will be easier to keep clean. If you're adamant on using fabric and are still concerned about maintenance, opt for something with a removable, machine washable cover (like no. 3 from our list above!).
- If you do want to utilise the surface with a large tray, make sure you choose an ottoman with a relatively flat top!
- We recommend going for an ottoman which subtly contrasts with your sofa in some way; either with color, pattern or texture. This will add some sophisticated personality, rather than keeping things too matchy-matchy.
- If you fall in love with a particular fabric and want to nail the dimensions of your ottoman so that it fits perfectly with your sofa, there is always the option to have one custom-made! May we present to you, The Queen of all Ottomans, from Project Bright & Breezy: